Help make this year’s Valentine’s Day special by creating your own box of chocolates. These sweet treats are easy to make and require almost no special equipment.
Ice cube trays
There are plenty of novelty-shaped ice cube trays on the market. Buy one in your favourite shapes, melt some chocolate and pour into the bottom of each shape and put the ice cube tray in the fridge. Once chilled, pop the chocolates out. Easy!
– Melt 100g of dark chocolate
– Spread chocolate into the base of a plastic food tray (take away containers are ideal)
– Melt 100g of white chocolate
– Once melted, add a little sunflower oil and a couple of drops of peppermint flavouring. You can also add green food colouring if you like.
– Spread this mix over the top of the dark chocolate – this may look rather messy so don’t worry if it doesn’t look perfect at this stage
– Chill in the fridge
– Once chilled, break up into small chunks. Place into a pretty box and tie with a bow.
Coconut Oat Chocolate Truffles
– Combine 2 cups oats, 3/4 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons of cocoa into a bowl
– Mix in 1 tablespoon of water, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to form a dough
– Make little balls out of the dough (you should get about 20 truffles) and coat with a covering of your choice – we like chocolate sprinkles
– Chill for 20 minutes before serving
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.